sample automation tester resume (QTP, Loadrunner, Datawarehouse Testing)
In this section we are going to cover major & important sections for a professional Automated testing sample resume. And this can be used as a base resume to prepare your own resume. Please do not simply copy and paste the contents of this resume as many others may do the same and your recruiter might notice it.
Sections in Automated Testing sample resume:
In this section you need to write your contact details such as email address, phone number.
Professional Summary :
In this section we need to mention professional summary of Automated Testing. Speak about your professional experience an your journey as Automated Tester etc.. An example is written below.
- 7+ years of total IT experience in Software Testing and Automation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adaptable to changing project needs, proactive and a good team player.
- Strong proficiency in problem solving, initiative taking, time management and continuous skill enhancement. Capability to mentor and build teams.
- Currently working as Technical Analyst with Techno minds LLC, GA.
Certifications & Educational Credentials:
List all your Major Educational details, and any certifications in this section.
Technical Skills Summary:
- Platform : Windows, Linux
- Tools : Rational Functional Tester(RFT),
- IXIA, java based automation tool (CATT),
- Programming Languages: JAVA, Tcl/Tk, iTcl.
- Protocols/Technologies : STP, VLAN, MLT, SMLT, SLT.
- Carrier Ethernet Protocols- VLAN(802.1ad),
- LACP(802.3ad), Mac in Mac(802.1ah).
- Networking Technologies : IP-Tunnels, 802.1X/Auth_mgr, DHCP
- TOOLS: : ATS, EARMS (Cisco Proprietary)
- Cisco Routers 1800, 2800, 3800, 3750, 4500, 7600 (6500 – sup5), ASR.
- Language TCL
- Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2K, UNIX
Professional Experience / Project Summary:
Company : Cognizant Technologies, Newjersey
Cleint: Bank of America.
Designation: Quality Analyst, Automation
In this section briefly mention about the project description.
The Project consists of various sub projects among which one module is related to web application development and calling of various web service to perform some end user as well as some back end operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
List all your roles and responsibilities in this project, please include the tasks that will help the recruiter to understand if you are suitable for the position you applied. Or, simply keep the technologies that are required for job description also.
- 4.6 years of IT experience in networking that include Network device testing and automation testing.
- Experience in Protocol Testing like IP-Tunnels, 802.1X and DHCP.
- Experience in HA routers (Cat6K, Cat4K, ASR and Cat3K).
- Good experience in writing test plans and automating it using TCL.
- Expertise in Scripting with TCL.
- Experience widening test plans preparation, Test cases.
- Reporting Defects found through testing and getting it effectively resolved.
- Good knowledge in AETest package.
- Good knowledge in TCP/IP,OSPF, STP, RSTP.
- Test Requirements Analysis with respect to the BRS and FSD
- Risk Analysis
- Test Strategy Preparation
- Preparation of RTM
- Test Plan Preparation
- Test Case preparation
- Execution of Test Cases
- Manual Testing (Functional, Integration, System, UAT Testing)
- Maintaining Test Cases in QC
- Database Testing
- Mobile Device Testing
- Regression Testing
- Reviewing Offshore team members task as required
- Client Communication on daily/weekly basis
- Clear understanding of the processes followed in SDLC and STLC
- Knowledge of Test Plan documentation
- Knowledge of Traceability Matrix
- Documentation on Project Overview and presentation within the Team as well
- Bug Tracking using JIRA and QC
Reference 1: or upon request.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions for sample automation tester resume.